Works with cross-functional teams to design, develop, manufacture and service complex healthcare systems. Activities include detailed mechanical, structural, thermodynamic design of sub-systems and components. Specific tasks include circuit analysis/simulation, documentation, breadboard prototyping, design verification/ testing, and integration of hardware/software at all levels from components to circuit boards, sub-systems.
Primary Functions/Major Responsibilities:
1. Work with customer team to develop component and assembly geometry, specify materials, and establish acceptable performance standards.
2. Prepare using 2D and PROE software mechanical drawings, detailed drawings and assembly models complete with calculated dimensions and tolerances.
3. Direct the construction and testing of prototype and pilot products, and conduct analysis of the test results.4. Develop test equipment for reliability testing and provide corporate-wide electronics technical support.
5. Defining and executing component design verification.
6. Work with manufacturing team to clarify questions on drawings and designs. Assist Manufacturing in troubleshooting production issues on standard and special products.
1. Experience and knowledge in structural engineering, analysis, and verification of mechanical structures, mechanisms, or olectro/opto-mechanical assemblies.
2. Understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in structural and/or dynamics analysis resulting in contributions to the development of new theories and/or methods.
3. Complete knowledge of industry and/or academic practices and standards related to structural analysis, finite element analysis, and structural verification testing.
4. Excellent knowledge of plastic/sheet metal product design
5. Excellent in PROE.
6. Aware of and comply with the Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
7. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
8. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
9. Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
10. Ability to meet aggressive reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and delivery targets
Education and/or Experience:
1. Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering and ~5 years relevant work experience.
2. Effective oral and written communication skills with Mandarin and English.
3. Global project experience
4. Knowledge of UL/IEC standards and how they apply to designs
Plexus (www.plexus.com) is an award-winning participant in the Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) industry, formed in 1979, listed in NASDAQ: PLXS, headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, USA. Plexus provides product design, supply chain and materials management, manufacturing, test, fulfillment and aftermarket solutions to branded product companies in the Wireline/Networking and Wireless Infrastructure, Medical, Industrial/Commercial and Defense/Security/Aerospace market sectors.
Plexus specializes in mid- to low-volume, higher mix customer programs that require flexibility, agility, and flawless execution. These programs include products that are typically more complex, with higher quality and regulatory requirements. The Company’s unique Focused Factory manufacturing model and global supply chain solutions that are strategically enhanced by value-added product development and engineering services.
Plexus provides award-winning customer service to more than 100 branded product companies in North America, Europe and Asia.
Now, we are adding a new facility in Hangzhou with 100,000 sq ft and will start operations in October 2008 with 100 pioneer talents. This new facility will house focus factories for manufacturing and Design Center, which apart from operational and design excellence, will also provide supporting functions such as customer support, enterprise applications, system development and more.
Plexus has advanced technical platform and experienced engineers and professionals. we are providing competitive compensation and training opportunities abroad if applicable.
If you have the vision of becoming part of our pioneer team, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.